Hospital visits are not fun

And I’ve had two over the weekend.

As my last post says, my partner and I are having baby #2, due May next year. I am so excited.
After my miscarriage earlier this year, this has come both as a huge shock and also a quite pleasant surprise.
In saying that though, I have been a bit panicky.

*This may get a bit “Too Much Information” so if you don’t like it, I’m very sorry…*

It all started on Friday. I had been out during the day (I cant remember what doing…) and come home. I went to the bathroom and noticed there was brown on the paper. I went to ring the doctor and they were shut (they had closed at 5 and it was 5:05……) so I googled it, (don’t judge, I didn’t know what to do.). As I read, it became apparent that it was OK and not to stress. So I tried not to.
7pm rocked around and I was about to give my daughter a bath and I went again and this time it was bright red. I googled again and it said basically to go to hospital. I rang my partner at work and asked him to come home. Which he did. I also rang my mum to come and take me to hospital, (my partner can’t drive and my daughter needed someone home with her.)

So we got there and waited. And waited. Then I got called in and they had to take some blood.
This I got a little annoyed at but went OK because I had had a blood test the day before and been stabbed 4 times before they got any blood out. So I let them do that and then waited some more.

What I had in my hand after they took my blood….. 😦

So when the doctor finally got to me, he said I was totally fine. No miscarriage as far as he could tell. So I was sent home.

The next day, bout 7pm, it happened again.

I rang the hospital and the put me through to doctors after hours who told me to go back to emergency. So I rang my mum again and asked her to drive me through to the other hospital 40 minutes away.
And again we waited. And waited. And waited.
We were there for nearly 5 hours (they were busy…) and in the end I was given a needle and told I could go home. Seriously!

So the last two days, I have been trying my best to relax and take it easy. Which isn’t easy being I have a 2.5 year old who is going through the terrible twos. But, as of right now, she’s napping so I’m taking the time to relax before work.
I’m back at my doctors tomorrow so I will let her know as well what’s been going on and we shall see what happens.
I’m just trying to relax…. that’s all I want to do……

An information paper I found while waiting at #2 hospital. Quite a handy read at the time.

One Comment Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.